Global ambulatory services market is expected to reach USD 3,428.5 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The market is driven by increasing aging population, ease-in-access and flexible timings, government initiatives to integrate acute and primary healthcare, and growing treatment costs.
Aging population and increasing life expectancy have transformed the healthcare needs to provide services for existing co-morbidities, disabilities, and frailties. For providing accessible services to patients, there is an increasing demand for outpatient services, which help in cutting down on the long wait times in hospitals.
The healthcare budgetary pressure on the government is also expected to decrease by providing efficient outpatient/ambulatory services. For instance, January 2015 report released by Alberta (province in Western Canada) stated that increasing seniors in the population, which accounted to 16% used over 41% of the direct healthcare costs.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
Primary care offices dominated the market in 2014 owing to increasing demand for private care facilities by patients. In addition, funding agencies such as the NHS along with Primary Healthcare Properties (PHP) invested USD 1.4 billion for the transformation of primary care for General Practitioner (GP) buildings.
Specialty surgery is expected to witness rapid rise in demand due to the technological advancements enabling ophthalmic, orthopedic, and other surgeries to take place in the Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs).
Moreover, increasing technological advancement has driven the preference for non-surgical and minimally invasive surgeries. For instance, in 2014, the American Society of Plastic Surgery reported that around 90% of the procedures were minimally invasive, while the remaining 10% were surgical procedures. The report listed that the top five cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures were chemical peels, IPL treatments, laser skin resurfacing, laser hair removal, Botox, Dysport, and soft tissue fillers
North America was the largest regional market with revenue share estimated at over 40% owing to increasing population with chronic diseases and favorable reimbursement for ambulatory services in the U.S.
In March 2015, Tenet Healthcare and United Surgical Partners International (USPI) combined their forces to extend their network of ambulatory care units. This collaboration offered 20 imaging centers and around 265 short-day surgical facilities with 50 health system partnerships and 4,000 physicians.
Europe was the second largest market in 2014. Private health in Europe is increasing owing to demographical changes, rising healthcare spending, and the increasing support from the NHS. Furthermore, initiatives of integrating outpatient services with technology are expected to propel market growth during the forecast period. In March 2012, Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) and University Hospitals Coventry received the NHS grant of USD 406,867 to treat a virtual form of ambulatory center.
In Asia Pacific, the concept of ambulatory services is gaining momentum and increasing healthcare costs owing to chronic diseases, aging population, and increasing hospital readmission have initiated the expansion of outpatient centers
Industry contributors are striving to change the traditional methods of performing surgeries and introducing nonsurgical methods enabling surgeons to perform procedures in an effective manner. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), revealed that the overall demand for cosmetic surgeries increased by 3%, whereas demand for surgical procedures increased by only 1% as against non-surgical procedures, which increased by 4%.
In November 2015, Weill Cornell Medicine entered into an agreement with Top Spring Huaxia Medical Investment Co. Ltd. Top Spring will help Weill Cornell to develop a modern outpatient diagnostic clinic in China.
Some key players of this market include AmSurg Corp., Surgery Partners, Symbion, IntergraMed America, Inc., Nueterra, Terveystalo Healthcare Oyj, Aspen Healthcare, and Medical Facilities Corporation
Grand View Research has segmented the global ambulatory services market on the basis of procedures, devices, and regions:
Global Ambulatory Services Types Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Primary Care Offices
Ambulatory Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia Pacific
Rest of Latin America
Rest of MEA
Avail customized purchase options to meet your research needs:
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert. Request for a free product review before report purchase.
Speak to the report author to design an exclusive study to serve your research needs.
A testimonial for service excellence represented in the form of BBB "A" Accreditation.
Your personal and confidential information is safe and secure.