We have implemented a mix of primary and secondary research for our market estimate and forecast. Secondary research formed the initial phase of our study, where we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources such as independent studies, government and regulatory published material, technical journals, trade magazines paid data sources.
For forecasting, the following parameters were considered,
• Market drivers and restraints, along with their current and expected impact
• Technological scenario and expected developments
• End-use industry trends and dynamics
• Trends in consumer behavior
• Disease prevalence pattern
• Healthcare spending, per capita healthcare expenditure
• Healthcare reforms and regulatory frameworks
• Export import policies
We assigned weights to these parameters and have quantified their market impact using weighted average analysis, to derive an expected market growth rate.
All our estimates and forecasts were verified through exhaustive primary research with Key Industry Participants (KIPs) which typically include,
• Market leading companies
• Healthcare practitioners
The key objectives of primary research are as follows,
• To validate our data in terms of accuracy and acceptability
• To gain an insight in to the current market and future expectations
These exhaustive primary interviews help our analysts in validating market and segment estimates and forecast. Additionally, we also gain significant industry insights, key developments and expectations. Grand View Research only utilizes validated and authenticated secondary data sources. Some of the secondary sources used for this report include but are not limited to:
• U.S. CDC
• National Center for Biotechnology Information
• GEN Magazine
Country and segment specific estimates and forecast were designed by following the steps mentioned below:
• Our initial assessment included determining the point of care diagnostics market for each country. In this process we were successful in determining the market values in 2012 and 2013 for key countries including China and Australia.
• We considered the revenues of the parent markets such as IVD, cardiac markers, infectious disease testing and glucose testing to understand the revenue generated in 2012 and 2013 for countries for which no direct values were available via secondary sources. Countries for which we obtained revenues for parent markets include Singapore, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea etc. Post the estimation of the parent markets we used attributes such as market penetration rates, demand in terms of disease prevalence and healthcare infrastructure to derive the value for point of care diagnostics market.
• In cases where all the above mentioned methodologies did not render desirable results (e.g. Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam etc.), we assigned weighted averages by evaluating criteria such as healthcare spending, disease prevalence patterns and by conducting primary interviews etc.
• All the values obtained via the above mentioned steps were revalidated through extensive primary interviews with key industry participants and key opinion leaders (KOLs)
• Primary respondents provided us with approximate values and market shares which helped us in understanding and estimating the market values for all the countries. In addition, these respondents provided us with qualitative information on the market, post which we deployed a qualitative functional method to assign appropriate values or shares to the respective segments.
• Moreover, primary research suggested that the overall Asia Pacific market could be categorized into two groups namely mature markets and emerging markets. Each group followed a similar pattern of consumption and usage. E.g. Infectious disease testing market was identified as the most lucrative segment across all emerging markets.
• The product segments were analyzed by assigning weighted averages to each category (mature markets and emerging markets) by understanding demand and supply. Research and development initiatives and consolidation exercises pertaining to new product development were also accounted for while market estimation.
Data Collection Matrix
Industry Analysis Matrix
GET A FREE SAMPLE
NEED A CUSTOM REPORT?
We can customize every report - free of charge - including purchasing stand-alone sections or country-level reports, as well as offer affordable discounts for start-ups & universities.
Contact us now to get our best pricing.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is safe and secure.